Sunday, April 22, 2012

Back on the Trail

I'm back on the trail after a day and a half of doing not much. Spent all day Friday tending to blisters and giving my feet a rest. Did a little yesterday and hit it this morning and feel much better. It's about 3:30 Sunday the 22nd and I have stopped for a couple hours to eat, rest and gather water. Getting ready to hike for a few more hours, hoping to do 4 or more before the sun sets.

Today's hiking has been ok. Not a lot of up and down but I have climbed a few hills and walked into a few canyons. I'm at the Sunrise Trailhead on the Sunrise Hwy just south east of Cuyamaca lake.

Still seeing lots of bees and have seen three nice sized rattle snakes. One was coiled about a foot off the trail just hanging out. His rattle noise was the loudes I've heard. I stepped up on the opposite hill and continued on. Tried to get a video but he took off as I took my camera out. Maybe next time.

1 comment:

  1. Keep on chooglin', Sparky! --julie o'rielly

    ReplyDelete