Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Headed to Warner Springs

Got to Scissors crossing at around 11:00 this morning. Filled everything to the brim (water from a cache maintained by a "trail angel") and walked to the bridge near by and took a break. Weather was nice. Maybe 85 with a slight breeze. At about 2:00 I started the climb out of Scissors. Steep, long and exposed trail made for slow going. I hiked about 5.5 miles. That took me almost 4.5 hours. I will attribute the slow going to carrying so much weight in water. Next water is at mile 91 and I am at 82.5. I have about nine miles to turn tomorrow with a little over 3.5 liters of water. I started with 6.5 so I should be ok.

Lots of hikers on the trail. Every type of person in the world and truly from around the world. A girl from Hawaii hiking in a short wrap around skirt, leather flip flop and carrying an umbrella. The people make it interesting.

Time for bed. Until next time.

3 comments:

  1. Steve. Leaping snakes? Hawaiian girls in wrap-around skirts,leather flip flops carrying an umbrella! You need to drink more water. You're starting to hallucinate!!! Allen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear your enjoying your hiking trip. I love the pictures your posting...looks like you have plenty of time to daydream and enjoy nature. I could do without all those rattle-snakes you've been seeing though....I will pray that there are no more blisters. It's also nice to hear that your meeting several people. Hopefully by the end of the trip you'll have new friendship from that amazing adventure you've set upon....God Speed my friend....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep on trekking. I am doing the bit of PCT south of San Jacinto this weekend, and was hoping our paths would cross, but suspect you have more miles to make before that.

    Good luck with your travels and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete