Sunday, April 29, 2012

Taking a Medical Break

I'm stepping off the trail for a couple of days to see my doctor. I'm thinking my blood pressure meds need to be adjusted. I have been having dizzy spells when bending over to set up or take down my tent. Today I bent over to pick up my hiking stick after a rest break and everything went black for a few seconds. I'm feeling stronger as I hike and was in a nice comfortable grove. But I made a promise to be smart and not take unnecessary risks.

I hope it's just a simple adjustment of my meds and I can get back out there. I will let you know.

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to your return as yours is one of my more favorite blogs of all the ones I'm following on the PCTA site! Get well and see you soon!
    - Portland PCT section hiker Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about the medical problems - hope everything will be OK and you'll soon be back on the trail. I've been increasingly concerned the last several days watching for an update, wondering if the bees, snakes or blisters got the better of you. I'll be watching for your next post. Best of luck, PP

    ReplyDelete