Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Blisters

Long hike climbing again this time from Lake Morena toward Kitchen Creek. Made 9 miles today, two large blisters and all. Camp set up off the trail and getting ready to eat my dinner. My sleeping bag will feel good tonight.

There are lots of hikers heading north. Most keeping a similar pace and distances range from 5-20 miles a day. I'm trying to stay around 8-10 the first week and then maybe adding 4-5 miles a day the next week and see how it goes. The miles so far have been grueling and painful. I'm sitting in my tent, beautiful sunset, wonderful weather and a full stomach.

I'm camping near a father and his daughter. Was afraid I would not find a campsite before the sun set. I stumbled on them and there was a nice spot to pitch my tent a few bushes over.

It's all of 8:00 and I am ready to call it a night. Until next time; whatever I'm too tired to think.

1 comment: