Thursday, April 19, 2012

Finally Mt Laguna

Up, up , up I hiked. Holy crap. Brutal is the best way to describe this hike. The last three miles were in the pines and wee not too bad but still climbing. I saw my first rattle snake. Had to be four feet long and 3-4 inches around. He slithered off as I approached. More bees too. Lots of bees. Sounds like a race car in the distance. As the swarm moves along the hills the sound travels right along.

I'm sitting here waiting for Mindi to drop my re-supply box and a pizza for eats. Sounded good when I asked for it. Now not so much. All of a sudden I feel like crap and just want to lay down and sleep.

I'm contemplating taking a zero day tomorrow (no hiking) to give my blisters and feet a rest. Spending two nights up here can't be all bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment