Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Day Two

Great day today. Beautiful weather and lots of hikers on the trail. Yesterday I was alone all day. Never saw another person. Today there were around twenty or so hikers all heading to Canada.

The day started out foggy and wet. I got up made coffee and oatmeal and as I did the sun started peaking thru the clouds. It got sunny and warmed up fast. I took some time and dried my tent and clothes in the sun. This delayed me getting on the trail a bit. Once on the trail I met lots of thru hikers headed to Canada.

My wildlife encounter today were two swarms of bees. I lucked out and avoided getting stung. Two fellows behind me were not so lucky.

I made it to Hauser Creek at 5:30 and stared at the four mile climb ahead and decided I had gone far enough. I set up camp, filtered some much needed water and ate dinner. There are seven or so other hikers camped here together feeling the same as me; worn out, sore and not wanting to kill themselves this early in the adventure.

I am in my tent listening to the frogs (looking for my ear plugs) and typing this entry. Will tackle the climb out of here in the morning.

Until tomorrow; be safe and enjoy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment