Monday, April 30, 2012

Holding Pattern

Well, in an abundance of caution my doctor sent me to the hospital for a series of tests. It appears my blood pressure and heart meds need to be adjusted. But to ensure there are no issues with my heart, I am scheduled for a MIBI Scan. This is a test where a radioactive tracer (Technetium 99) is used to view my heart. This will allow my doctors to know for sure what is happening with my heart.

With luck I can get my meds adjusted and no heart issues will be present and I can continue my adventure. Until then I'm laying in a hospital bed watching tv bored out of my mind.

I will post again when I have more info on my ability to continue my adventure.

8 comments:

  1. Steve... hope all is well. I hope you get back on the trail soon... I LOVE reading this.

    Kim Olson (Friend of Linda... chatted at the wedding.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man - from wilderness to white walls - stir crazy i'll bet. hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sparky

    Sorry to hear about your medical issue - I have enjoyed your blog - great photos. Hope you are able to get back on the trail soon. A friend of mine from NorCal is leaving soon to start his hike - I have been helping him package his food.
    Good Luck

    JR

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sparky

    Sorry to hear about your medical issue -- hope its not serious and you can get back on the trail soon. I have enjoyed following your blog.

    Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steve - I have been following your blog. And have so enjoyed reading about your trek.. Sorry to hear your adventure has been way-laid.. Hope you are feeling better soon! - Robin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you get back on the trail SOON
    JR

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you are feeling better, and there is nothing serious going on! I hope to see an update soon. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh, Sparky, hope you're feeling better! Please update if/when you can. We've never met, but I have a son on the trail a few days behind you (catching up fast!) If you're out there, "Snausage" can help...And if the docs say 'no go', well, you've already accomplished more than most: you got out there and tried! Chin up! Kim LaBrecque

    ReplyDelete